Went to Plymouth Beach this morning to enjoy our coffee and the bright sun and blue sky before the impending storm is due tonite. I love the beach at winter. The tide was astronomically high this morning. Not too many birds around... the usual gulls and some crows. Whenever we go to the beach I have to open my window so I can hear the waves... to me it isn't the beach without the waves. It has been very cold and there were chunks of sea ice washing onto the beach. When we were leaving the beach I was looking at the dune/grass area and fresh water stream, not looking for anything specific but just looking....

I took a photo of something that I spotted..... can you see it?




Here is a closer shot.... It is a Dark Crowned Night Heron...he was fishing for his breakfast.




It is so amazing what is right in front of us...all we have to do is look.

0 comments: