Gene and I got up a bit early on New Year's Day and decided to go get some coffee and then go to Nelson Beach and enjoy the cold but beautiful morning.... as we were leaving the house, Gene says to me "why don't you bring your camera?" I replied, "nah"... Next time I will definately grab the camera on the way out the door.

We get to Nelson Beach and it is lovely in a cold, frozen New England coast sort of way. We are looking around and notice a really large bird at the water line eating something... It is dark colored and got us very curious...so after much digging around behind the seat looking for binoculars and breaking a nail in the process.... We check it out and isn't is an immature Bald Eagle.... he/she was eating a duck.

Totally amazing and I think a good omen for the New Year. That'll teach me not to take 2 seconds and grab the camera.

0 comments: