Sunday December 6th dawned cold and clear. No sign at my house of the snow that hit other areas. No matter.... I was determined to go to the BazBizBos regardless of what mother nature had in mind. The BazBizBos is an annual crafters fair, this year being held at the Cyclorama in Boston. This was my second year to go and I am hooked. It is well worth paying a bit more for admission to get a ticket for the early bird shopping. You get to go in and shop with only 99 other people from 11-12. The doors open to the general public at 12. Beleive me the crowd that gathers is HUGE, we are talking thousands of people.
After doing my usual prep for driving somewhere I haven't been before (maps, directions, google earth views, charged cell phone) I headed out. The ride was very very easy and I shouldn't have been at all concerned. But I am a novice when it comes to driving in Boston. Put me on the T and I can go anywhere with confidence...put me behind the wheel and I tend to be a bundle of nerves. Well I made it fine, found the parking garage and was only 45 mins early!
The doors opened and all the early birds headed in with excitement but orderly. The main reason I love this bazarre is the creativity of the crafters. It isn't your typical craft fair with conservative items my by granny types. These are hip, young crafters pushing the limits of their selected mediums and having a blast doing it.
I don't usually buy a ton of stuff. While I am admitted shopping fiend, I love to go and just enjoy the creativity that is abundant there. It gives me inspiration to try things in my own art because I see others thinking outside the box.
After I shopped and browsed I headed out for a stroll over to a store called The Paper Source. I have been wanting to check this store out for awhile but the only locations here are in the city. Soooo, I walk over and have a great time browsing but alas don't make any purchases. Don't get me wrong, they have wonderful things and a HUGE selection of great papers....but it seems it is the same stuff I have seen online and at other stores before. Still worth the walk and browsing is never bad.
I also was trying out a new camera that day. I purchased a Holga plastic fixed lens camera. This camera is used to practice what is called Lomography. It is nice using such a simple basic camera sometimes and creating interesting photos with out the use of electronics. Still have to get the film developed, can't wait to see what I made!
The only snag I had is that when I prepped my directions for my excursion, I didn't think to do some for when I had to go home.... The street I came to the location on was one way so I wasn't able to just go back the way I had come which is my usually departure plan. Soooo, I let intuition be my guide and held my panic in check and low and behold made all the right choices and found my way to Comm Ave which led me right back to the highway and my escape route. Thank you travel gods for your guidance!

Here are photos of my BazBizBoz purchases:







0 comments: